Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wk 1 Post #4 - Can You Digg It?


I love the Internet.  There is so much wonderful information to be had.  Thanks to search engines we can easily find relevant information that is just a click away.  But what if you want to just browse current events, news, and some funny images and clips?  Well, that’s where Digg.com can help.  Digg is a website that sorts relevant information based on what the users find the most relevant.  If you are browsing the Internet and you find and interesting blog, or a funny clip, you can digg it.  WebPages with the most diggs will be presented on the front page of Digg.  This format allows the users to control what kind of information is important, instead of a single editor working for a news site.  Articles can even be sorted into several categories, such as: technology, world & business, science, gaming, sports, and a few more.  The categories even have subcategories.  If you really like my article, you can click on the Digg link to the right.  

2 comments:

  1. I like this type of information delivery because it makes a point to inform me about material that others found interesting and have tried. Also, gives you pointers and a link to experience and decide if is worth to add it to your repertoire of important resources. This particular link was not part of my resources, I will evaluate it and see if I will bookmark it for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, this is a great search option that goes beyond using Yahoo or Google. At first glance it reminds me of Delicious, where people flag web pages they like. I think search engines like Digg It and Delicious offer something Google and Yahoo cannot. Individuals have read through the content of the sites they flag. In researching for my proposal, I foudn one site that inaccurately cited Interpersonal as a learning domain. I decided to ask Mr. Bustillos if it was an accurate domain and he verified the creator of that article confused a learning style for a learning domain. What struck me as the worst part of the whole thing was that I had used Yahoo as my search engine, and the site that included interpersonal as a domain was the first one Yahoo had found in the search. (http://pixel.fhda.edu/id/learning_domain.html) I think sites like the one you highlighted in your post, Digg It, provide users with options. Thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete