Monday, March 22, 2010

Wk 3 The Education Arcade

At this point, I can't remember if this is something I learned about in a class at Full Sail, or just while doing research for my thesis.  Anyway, The Education Arcade (TEA) is all about 'games that promote learning through authentic and engaging play' according to the website.  TEA researches commercial games that can be educational as well as games made specifically for educating.  Aside from writing some research papers, TEA also has created some games themselves.  One project is called Labyrinth.  This game is focused at middle school students and teaches math and literacy.  I haven't explored the games as much as their white papers, but feel free to explore yourself.

image source:  http://www.educationarcade.org/

1 comment:

  1. Brian,

    Thanks for posting this site. It goes beyond cool when I start to see it as the beginning of "The Next Big Thing".

    Since I was around in the 70's and 80's, it's stuff like this that makes me fee old. Simultaneously, I love seeing a revolution changing society in small, significant ways.

    Thanks for the lovely diversion today!

    ReplyDelete